Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Drama...Drama...Drama

I just got home from my basketball games that were at Bowie tonight...we WON by the way. My girls played so good, but, in a way I am ready for track season to start. Don't get me wrong, I love basketball, but track will definitely be a breath of fresh air.

School these days are SO different than even when I went to school. The kids are different, parents are different, teachers are different...do you get it, JUST DIFFERENT. I do NOT know how teachers teach for 35 years and still want to continue. I know it is a passion, but I promise I am going to be gray by the time I am 26 and that is in two months. :)

I am going to get a few things off my chest tonight...so bare with me and if your opinion is different, I understand. Maybe I just need SPRING BREAK to get here...Kids are just not the same anymore. They are never held accountable for the things they do because they think it is never their fault...but, I guess I might have went through that stage as well. I just know that God needs to grant me more patience until May. Another thing is that every coach is not a bad person and they honestly have the kids 'best interest' in mind when they are coaching. If they don't, then it eventually surfaces and people know that they need to be assigned to another job in life. But, every coach starts out with new ambitions, new hope and lots of eagerness to teach and coach kids...which brings me to this...it doesn't take much for all of that to be taken away from the coach. I have never felt so worthless and ran over as a human as I have this year. It has been very trying and I go to school dreading what the day will bring me...if you can't tell, I NEED A LIFT. So any of you that have prayers our there...send one up for me.

Enough about that...I just want to say that I have the most awesome MOM in the world and wouldn't be anywhere without her guidance and PATIENCE. She is the entire reason why I stand on my own two feet everyday and thank God that I have such a base to stand on. I said a long time ago that the song "Wind Beneath My Wings" was definitely how I feel for her. She never complains about things and she always is there for me ANYTIME I NEED HER. I know my sister, Amanda, is great with words and I "ditto" her blog the other day, except I can take 10 YEARS OFF of the number. :) JK Amanda.

I will definitely not leave my Dad out. He was my hero as a little girl...no one could mess with my "daddy" and no one could ever do the things like my dad could...AND I STILL BELIEVE THAT. God blessed this world and my family with a man that will make Heaven a greater place.

So, I know tonight was a lot, but I just needed to vent. Please don't take any of the things I said about coaching or kids negatively...just a new generation. There are still great and wonderful kids out there that will definitely make a great and lasting impact in this world.

I hope all of you have a great night...and thanks for reading.

LOVE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you're blogging now too!! We're in this together, like most other things!!! :) :) Hang in there on the coaching part!! I've watched you coach for a long time now and I think you do an awesome job with those girls!! And they adore you, which is all that matters!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea!!!!!!!!!! so glad you finally started blogging!!!! can't wait to read the things that go on in your mind!!!! ;)

    hang in there on the coaching thing...i think we need spring break to get here--did you read my blog the other day?? very similar!!!

    love you tons--wish i was close enough to join in the slumber parties!!! :) i'm liking the idea of a pool...y'all are really leaning toward the golden girls theme--make sure you don't leave out tonya and me!!!! we'll find a job for erik, too; he can be the pool boy...but i'm the only one that can 'have' him!!! :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. people older than me and John and Amanda said the same things about us and people my age said the same things about your age group and we all turned out alright. it's just the generational thing. hang in there. there's always a "connect" with a kid. you just gotta find it.

    ReplyDelete